- German Chancellor Fellows from five countries meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin. more ...
- Annual Meeting 2015: Federal President Joachim Gauck welcomes Humboldtians in the park of Schloss Bellevue in Berlin. more ...
- Helmut Schwarz and Federal Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier at the opening of the Annual Meeting 2015 in Berlin on 10 June. more ...
- We grant more than 700 fellowships and awards to researchers from all over the world every year.
- No quotas: all that counts is the academic quality of our applicants.
- We sponsor people, not projects. The abilities and dedication of the individual are crucial to academic success.
- Humboldtian in focus: Turkish electrochemist describes Germany as the centre of the European research landscape. more ...
- Global Network: Over 26,000 Humboldtians in more than 140 countries – including 51 Nobel Laureates.
- Individual sponsorship and enduring contacts – trust and bonds for an entire lifetime.
- An international research destination: We connect top researchers and young talents with partners in Germany.
- We promote dialogue, cultural exchange and development through our international network.
Call for Applications
German Chancellor Fellowship
Prospective leaders from Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA may apply for a German Chancellor Fellowship until
15 September 2015.
The Foundation maintains a network of more than 26,000 Humboldtians from all disciplines in over 140 countries worldwide. Search the Humboldt Network according to name, discipline, keyword and publication.
Publications by Humboldtians
Igor Narskij: Vergessener Krieg, unvergessliche Front? Der Erste Weltkrieg in der russischen Gesellschaft und in Russlands Vergangenheitspolitik.
In: Vom Versagen und Nutzen der Diplomatie.
Berlin: Auswärtiges Amt, 2015