Find the right programme ...

Research Awards for top researchers in Germany

by foreign partner organisations

Awards granted by partner organisations of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are available to top researchers in Germany. Foreign researchers who wish to nominate a colleague in Germany in their field for a research award must do so through the relevant programmes of the respective partner organisation in their country (cf. addresses of partner organisations). The respective partner organisations are independent from the Humboldt Foundation and follow their own procedures concerning the selection and final decision on the awards. As a rule, the award sum is conferred in conjunction with an invitation to spend up to one year working on research in the host country, which may be divided up into several blocks (e.g. during semester breaks).

Because nomination procedures and regulations differ from country to country, the nominator should contact the partner organisation directly (please refer to the list of addresses of partner organisations for contact information).

There are agreements concerning the granting of research awards with the following countries:

Europa Nord-/Lateinamerika Asien Afrika Australien
Belgium Brazil India South Africa New Zealand
Finland Canada Israel    
France Chile Japan    
Hungary   Korea    
Netherlands   PR China    
Poland   Taiwan    


Contact details

Announcements of partner organisations

Further information