On application the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation may grant printing subsidies for books publishing research results directly linked to grants provided by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, especially those ensuing from a research stay in Germany. If the publication is written jointly with other authors, the printing subsidy may be reduced accordingly.
Book publications can only be sponsored with a printing subsidy if
- they are published by German publishers or in German language,
- the print run does not exceed 1,000 copies,
- the number of complimentary copies does not exceed 25 % of the print run.
Applications should include the following documents:
- completed application form;
- a curriculum vitae;
- an estimate of cost from the publisher as completed form "estimation of printing cost";
- details of financial contributions from third parties
- a written explanation justifying the choice of the publisher;
- a written statement of the academic host in Germany;
- Instead of book publishing the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation also supports the open access publication of research results. Applications, including the aforementioned documents, may be submitted for the reimbursement of the necessary costs in the context of a printing subsidy.
Sample application form
This form is just a sample and cannot be filled in. If you are an Humboldtian and would like to submit an application, please log in first. You will then be given access to an HTML form which has been partially filled in with your personal details. You can complete and submit this form online.
- German version of the application form
Further Information and Forms