Health, liability and accident insurance

Saturn-ähnliches Dekortationsbild


Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung
Abteilung Förderung und Netzwerk
Jean-Paul-Str. 12
53173 Bonn


From the very first day, research fellows and accompanying family members must be covered by medical insurance providing adequate coverage in Germany for the entire duration of their stay in Germany. There are two options to take out insurance:

  • Private Travel Health Insurance, covering for the medical treatment of acute illness not related to previous illness and in case of accident
  • Private Comprehensive Health Insurance, generally covering costs for treatment of pre-existing conditions

Below you will find further information from various insurance companies on the scope of benefits and the options to apply online: